Welcome to Vineyard Nordic Summer Camp at Nyhem! We are looking forward to yet another fantastic camp-week where we get to meet God and each other! This document contains a lot of practical information. Read through it carefully so that you are fully informed.
Here you can find some information about the Summer Camp. Please check to see, if your question is answered in this list. Otherwise feel free to contact email@example.com
- There are no specific address – but aim your GPS for Mullsjö.
- See google map for the location on this page
- Coordinates: 57ᐤ53’32.2”N and 13ᐤ50’38.4”E (57.892273, 13.844003)
Aerobics, Dance & Tikva
- For whoever wants to participate in aerobics, tikva or worship-dancing it may be good to bring practical shoes and clothes, and for TIKVA a gym carpet or ground sheet. Read more under the link afternoon activities.
- There are no BBQ’s/grills at the camp – you will have to bring your own.
- There are no blankets in the Simple Accommodation (Barracks). You have to bring your own sheet, sleeping bag and pillow – remember it can be cold at night.
- You can bring your own caravan (see detailed caravan guidelines here)
- You need to pay for electricity in the booking (option C1: Husvagen med El 320 SEK per night) This is only a caravan spot with electricity – without the caravan.
- You can book a caravan through the Summer Camp booking system – this caravan is without tent and garden furniture (Option: “Rent a caravan parked outside of Nyhemsgården”)
- You can book a caravan through a private rental company – see the website for links. You must coordinate everything yourself with the owner – payment, parking of caravan and picking up the caravan.
- You can park your caravan at grass (Gärdet – on the other side of the road) or on gravel/grus (on the hill by Servicehuset/Diskhuset). There are no options of parking on asphalt (There might be options this year to park on the asphalt outside Nyhemsgården, for people with special requests and needs.)
- There will be the possibility to reserve a caravan spot together with people from your local churches. You must reserve these spots yourself upon arrival. You can reserve max. 1 spots. It is not possible to reserve some seats in advance.
- The caravans parked at Nyhem are equipped with a small kitchen, however there are no dishes, pans or utensils in the kitchen, so in order to use the kitchen to cook you have to bring your own stuff.
- You need to bring your own sleeping bags, pillows, duvet, tableware and pots and pans. You also need to bring some outdoor chairs and tables if you want to enjoy sitting outside the caravan.
- When you arrive at Nyhem you will need to register at the Main office. Here you’ll receive information about where you will be staying and other information. If you haven’t already payed then you can do it here.
- Another camp begins immediately after ours. This means that we have to clean and pick up after ourselves quickly. Those who stay at Nyhems lodgings must clean their rooms. The mattresses och beddings should be shaken and brushed outside, and the floors swept and mopped. Do not forget to return the keys. All those who have used the common kitchens and bathroom sinks are responsible for cleaning them as well.
- There are several places where you can wash your dishes:
- Servicehuset/Diskhuset (on top of the hill, close to Nyhemshallen and the Caravans)
- Gärdet (on the other side of the road – under the tunnel)
- Only those who are prepared to work hard with preparations for the camp can come to Nyhem on Saturday.
- Only those who are registered can count on having food provided. All other must wait till Sunday at 5pm.
- If you arrive Saturday with your caravan you will have to pay an extra fee of 200 SEK.
- Do you need a doctor – contact the Emergency Centre in Mullsjö:
- Adress: Kyrkvägen 1, Mullsjö, Monday to Friday 8-17
- Telephone: 0047 0392-143 20
- Or call Emergency Guidance at Telephone 11777
- There are a First Aid Kit in the reception.
- We also have two Camp Doctors:
- Per-Ola Forsberg
- Joakim Stjernspetz
Find their contact information in the Summer Camp Folder
Everyone does their part – serve each other:
- We long to be a church-community where everyone does something to help, where everyone gets to join and serve each other, and where everyone is needed. The same goes for the camp, everyone is free to join in and pray for and encourage others.
- In addition we all get to serve each other by doing a practical work-task during the week. Everyone will be assigned a task, either by email or when you check in. These work-tasks are important in order for the camp to function properly. If we did not assign practical tasks we would be forced to hire people to do them, which would make camp more expensive for everyone.
- That is why we ask that you are careful to remember coming to your work-task and that you arrive on time! If you ignore your task the workload will increase for the others. In the past some people have had to do the work of 4 people, which is something we want to avoid at all cost! If for some reason you are unable to fullfill your task you have to trade tasks with someone else or find a replacement and let us know in the office. If you already know that you are not able to do your task, please let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you in advance!
- In the dining hall at Nyhem food will be served from Sunday night to Saturday’s lunch for everyone who has pre-ordered meals. You can find the menu on the camps home page. At the Hamburger Bar, the Café and the Nightcafé fast food will be available, such as hotdogs, hamburgers and sandwiches. You are able to use the small kitchen downstairs in Stråkenhallen in order to prepare light meals.
Food – Dinning Hall:
- Food is served in the dining hall.
- Breakfast is served at 8.00 (Breakfast includes: Bread/butter, meats and cheese, yoghurt, sour milk (filmjölk), cereals, porridge, eggs, coffee and tea.)
- Lunch is served at 12:30
- Dinner is served at 17:30
- See the menu at http://summercamp.vineyardnordic.org/food/
- There are options for Vegetarians and Gluten/lactose-intolerance – this option has to be pre booked.
- Meals need to be booked via the registration system in advance NO LATER THAN July 1.
Food – Other options:
- You can buy hamburgers+soda at Hamburger Bar.
- You can buy nachos, sandwiches and snacks at the Night Café (every night at 22.00-23.00)
- You can buy Fika, pop corn, snacks, ice cream, waffles and coffee at the Day Café (open in the afternoon)
- You can buy groceries in ICA in Mullsjö (5 km from the camp)
- Yes, we have a hashtag!
- Use #vineyardnordensummercamp on your photos and see photos from the previous years!
- The internet connection at the camp are very unstable and unfortunately we cannot guarantee that is works all the time.
- You can buy a WIFI password when you register for the Summer Camp.
- The prices is 100 SEK for the whole week.
- During all main meeting in Nyhems Hall (09.45 and 19.00) simultaneous translation will be offered into english or scandinavian, either in headphones available in the Hall (limited number) but also this year by radio transmission. Bring a small portable radio (cellphone, mp3 or the like with a radio-receiver) plus headphones.All the main session will be interpreted from English to the Nordic languages
- Morning meetings (9:30)
- English to Danish
- English to Swedish/Norwegian
- English to Russian (if needed)
- Evening meetings (19:00)
- English to Danish
- English to Swedish
- English to Norwegian
- English to Russian (if needed)
- Morning meetings (9:30)
- Find the headphones in the back of the hall – or ask the Welcome Team to help you.
- There is a whole fun and wonderful program for our kids during. Check out the website for more information: http://summercamp.vineyardnordic.org/kids-camp/
- This year there are limited kitchen facilities, as we do not have access to Nyhemsgården.
- The basement is facilitated with a small kitchen with microwaves. You are welcome to use the microwaves, but must clean up after yourself
- Main floor (Day Café): In the afternoon you can use the microwaves in Stråkenhallen, main floor.
- It is allowed to swim in the lake – please make sure kids are under the observation of an adult. Be cautious at all times!
- Each evening at 22.00 the Night Cafe opens.
- Here you can buy sandwich, nachos and snacks
- Or you can buy an alcohol-free drink at the bar.
- There will be some entertainment each evening – and a dance party on the Friday Night.
- For more information check:
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/events/568849456597110/
- Instagram profile: Vineyardnordensummercamp
- Parking is only allowed on the designated places. You are not allowed to drive around the camp area during the camp (only arrival and departure). Park your car outside Nyhemshallen on the big parking lot. If you are bringing a trailer/caravan we would be thankful if you drove your car to the parking lot after you have parked your caravan. You are not allowed to park any cars on the road around the the area because of security. If a firetruck or ambulance need to drive around the loop they need full access. Please respect this!
- A week before the camp you will receive a list with a specific assignment, meeting place and time. Please check your assignment and it is your own responsibility to swap your shift, if the time and type of assignment do not suit you.
- You cannot write to the Summer Camp team and have them switch the assignment.
- ONLY write the Summer Camp team if you have a special agreement made with someone else – other type of work – that prevents you from doing your assignment.
- PLEASE make sure to do your assignment and remember it during the week. We need your help, and we need you at the listed time and place! Thank you very much!
New this Year! Registration includes Seminar fika and access to showers in facilities around Nyhem. However if you would like to enjoy an espresso or capuccino you need to pay for this.
Early Bird before MAY 31
Family 1 600 sek (including kids and youth 0 – 20 yrs)
Adult 20- up 800 sek
Wild Card (Student, Unemployed) 700 sek
Teenager 13-19 400 sek
Children 0-12 years FREE
FROM JUNE 1
Family sek 1 800 sek (including kids and youth 0 – 20 yrs)
Adult 20-up 900 sek
Wild card for (Students, Unemployed) 800:-
Teenager 500 sek 12 -19 yrs
Children 0-12 years FREE
Teenagers coming to the Summer Camp without their parents must name an adult who will be responsible for them during the week.
REGISTRATION – PER DAY
UP TO MAY 31
Family 340 sek
Adult 170 sek
Wild Card (Students and Unemployed) 140sek
Teenager 12-18 110 sek
Children 0-12 years FREE
FROM JUNE 1
Family 400 sek
Adult 200 sek
Wild Card (Students and Unemployed) 160 sek
Teenager 120 sek
Children 0-12 years FREE
- Full board all week
- Adults and teenagers: 1.100 SEK
- 4-12 years: 550 SEK
- 0-3 years: FREE
- Per meal (has to be pre booked before July 1st):
- Breakfast: Adult/teenager: 40 SEK and 4-12 years: 20 SEK
- Lunch: Adult/teenager: 80 SEK and 4-12 years: 45 SEK
- Dinner: Adult/teenager: 75 SEK and 4-12 years: 40 SEK
- You can sign up for individual meals in the registrationform. If there is extra food available you can pay at the door after everyone has received their meals.
Printing and Copying:
- We have limited options for printing and copying. And there are NO option for colours. So please copy/print at home. If this is an emergency, contact reception to schedule a time for printing. The receptions printing tasks are a first priority.
- See the full program with information of speakers: http://summercamp.vineyardnordic.org/program/
- Make sure to register before May 31, the price goes up after June 1.
- When you register you need to pay in order to be fully registered. If not contact Negin – email@example.com
- The Pentecostal church in Sweden have opened up several of their locations around the country to house refugees and to give them an opportunity for a new start in a new country. There are around 20 boys from Afghanistan living at Nyhemsgården. They have lived there for several months now and have several leaders working with them in order to be integrated in the Swedish way of life. They all go to school every day, and so far they are doing really well, and Nyhem has not had any problems with any of them
- Guards will patrol the area during different times throughout the week.
- We hope you will help the refugees and other first time visitors feel welcome at camp and show them around. We also hope we will find several people who can speak their language to be able to interpret for them in our meetings. This is a chance for all of us to show God’s love in a very real and practical way.
- Reception is open:
- Sunday: 14.00 – 20.00
- Monday: 10.00 – 12.30 + 13.30 – 16.30
- Tuesday – Friday: 13.30 – 16.30
- Saturday: 9.00 – 14.00
- Here you can:
- collect your key for your booked room or booked caravan
- register upon arrival and receive a bracelet to wear all week
- receive your pre ordered food tickets
- Sign up for Volleyball and Football
- Ask the questions, which are not answered in the Summer Camp Folder
Respect each other – and Nyhem:
- Vineyard Summer Camp has a lot of people gathered in a relatively small area. It is therefore extra important that we treat each other with respect. For this reason we ask that no one consumes alcohol on the premises and that silence is respected after 11 o’clock PM. Help us to take care of Nyhem by not throwing garbage or cigarett buds in the nature and make sure to not damage any plant or trees.
- Every day we will be having a lot of exciting seminars. Go to the webpage SEMINARS right now and find out what will be offered.
- You do not want to miss this!
- Showers are included in the registration price.
- Due to the fact, that we cannot use Nyhemsgården this year, there will be facilities for showering the following places:
- Gærdet (on the other side of the road/under the tunnel)
- Toilet and shower building between Nyhedsgårdens and Stråkenhallen and the Kids Camp Tent.
- Nyhemshallen – on the back side/short side.
- Outside Nyhemsgården, where som extra mobile shower facilities will be placed.
- This year you can also shower in Nyhems Hallen, which you enter to the right, next to the main entrance. The showers will be open in the morning from 7.30-8.30 AM, as well as afternoons from 16.30-17.30 PM.
- All meetings held in the evenings in Nyhemshallen (19.00) will be streamed, i.e. will be available live on the web. If you have friends who wish to follow along in what’s happening redirect them to our webpage.
Bring your own tent and pay for the spot and not per person
- Register just one person per tent
- You can set up your tent almost where ever you want. Please do not use camping spots with electricity, as these are for the caravans, who have booked electricity.
- Electricity for your tent is available, but limited and the price can be found in the registration form.
- You can only use Swedish Kronor at the camp. Remember to take out money before your arrival. There are an ATM in Mullsjö (5 km from the campsite)
- You can also pay with credit card: VISA and Mastercard
- Registration upon arrival: All volunteers must register themselves at Stråkenhallen by Paulina and her assistant. (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- T-shirts: All volunteers must receive a “volunteer” t-shirt and return it before leaving the camp (remember to sign the form)
- Enrollment/Sign-up on the webpage: All volunteers must be receive a voucher from either Anne Aagaard or Paulina Klimciauskaite in order to enroll oneself. Please contact them, if you have not receive a voucher yet
- As a volunteer you work around 4 hours a day. You do not have to pay camp fee, tent fee or breakfast and lunch food. You will have to pay for your accommodation, if you choose any other option than tent. You do not pay the difference between the tent and the choice – but you pay the full amount of the accommodation of your choice.This is payed upon arrival to Patric Hedén at reception.